Free Program for Families Struggling with a Loved One's Addiction
My name is Jennifer Haggis. I am a Case Worker with the Family Support Center (FSC) Program at Care Plus, NJ. I was hoping to share this free resource that may be distributed to families in the community. Please find information below and attached on a valuable resource for families that struggle with a loved one's substance use. Feel free to distribute as needed:
We are proud to announce that Care Plus NJ is offering free supportive services for families who love someone that is struggling with addiction or any issues related to substance use.
The FSC (The Family Support
Center) program works directly with families to help them navigate relationships with their loved ones through the CRAFT (Community Reinforcement Approach and Family Training) model. The FSC helps family members stay actively engaged with their loved one, in a non-confrontational way, to help them move towards recovery.
Types of services offered:
- One on One support and coaching to assist families in helping their loved ones move towards recovery.
- Psychoeducation and Skills Training such as: Non-confrontational Communication Strategies, Behavioral Management Strategies, Boundary Setting, Self-Care, and more.
- Assisting families in navigating the treatment field by providing information on services and resources.
- Peer Support: Families can connect and gain support from peers in our family support group.
- In person, telephonic, and virtual support are available in both English and NOW Spanish
Please see the attached flyers for more information.
*This is grant-funded program; it is free…no insurance needed*
For more information or to make a referral, please contact me at email@example.com or (201) 937-1765.
Jennifer A. Haggis, MA, LAC (She/Her/Hers)
Family Support Center (FSC)
Office: 201-265-8200, ext. 5456