WELCOME TO GREEN TOWNSHIP SCHOOL DISTRICT
Green Hills School is a K-8 public school located in scenic Sussex County, New Jersey. Our mission at Green is to educate every student to become a confident and caring life-long learner, who can communicate and contribute positively to the changing needs of society. The district, in cooperation with the community, will provide an academic environment that values excellence, initiative, and diversity of our students, while supporting a program of study that is congruent with the New Jersey Student Learning Standards.
GHS Reason for being:
To create the best version of every individual
Ensuring the best future for all by getting to know a child as well as he/she can be known
Nulli Secundus-Second to None
GHS Audacious Vision:
Through the investment in human capital and by valuing and treating all learners as unique, intelligent individuals we will unleash our full potential and become, by far, the best school district in the state of NJ.
Teacher of the Year 2018-19
Congratulations Mrs. Kelli McKeown
Support Staff of the Year 2018-19
Congratulations Mrs. Kathleen Wolfe
Mrs. Kathleen Wolfe received her Bachelor’s degree at Rutgers University and Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology at Northwestern University. She spent the first several years of her career providing services in a hospital based rehabilitation setting treating a diverse population. She served as senior speech pathologist in both a unit for the traumatically brain injured as well as a rehabilitation facility providing services to pediatric through geriatric populations. For the last couple of decades, her rewarding career has focused on the provision of speech/language services to children in the educational setting. She has enjoyed the provision of services to children in various early intervention/homecare, preschool, elementary and high school settings. She is happy to have spent the past five years helping students to achieve their communicative potential at Green Hills School.
In 1902 Green Township had 4 schools ---Huntsburg, Huntsville,Tranquility, and Greensville. The first school in Green Township appears to have been one located just northwest of Huntsville in 1790. The first official school was built in Huntsville in 1835 and replaced with a new building in 1865. However, this school was built on land for which the D.L. & W. railroad had a right of way. Since the railroad was running over the existing school, they agreed to build a new one.