Track & Field General Information
Thursday, 4/26 AWAY MEET @ Newton HS (starts @ 4 PM)
Friday, 4/27 AWAY MEET @ Kittatinny HS (starts @ 4 PM)
*Please note that Tuesday, 5/22 was moved to Wed, 5/23
- Track and Field is open to students in Grades 5-8.
- Practices will typically run until 4:00 pm if there are any changes of times we will note on the calendar day. Practice runs Mondays thru Thursday.
Track meets last anywhere from 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
Parents must sign students out if being picked up after an away meet.
Make sure to bring: water, shirt, shorts, sneakers and a sweatshirt on colder days.
Please check the Athletic Calendar for practice days and meets. Dates are subject to change and should be checked on a regular basis.
4/12 vs Newton, Andover & Vernon
2017-18 TRACK AND FIELD
TRACK AND FIELD SIGN UPS CURRENTLY UNDERWAY
- All 5th through 8th grade students interested in participating in Track and Field must sign up on the Activities Bulletin Board in the Middle School wing.
- All participants must have a valid sports physical on file in the nurse’s office and parental permission form completed and handed in. Forms can be found on the school website.
- Track Events: Sprints (100, 200, 400), Distances (800, 1600), Relays (4x100, 4x200)
- Field Events: Shot Put, Discus, Long Jump, High Jump
- FIRST PRACTICE starts Monday, March 19th.
- Practices for first week- Rain or Shine (Mon-Thur until 3:45 pm)
- Bring shorts, running shoes, and water!!